Looking for a nootropic supplement to boost your brain function?
Choosing the right nootropic isn’t easy. The market is flooded with a wide variety of products for improving cognitive function.
NooCube is one of the most popular ones out there. In this Noocube review, we discuss its main features and how it fares against the competition.
NooCube First Look:
What We Like
- It has natural ingredients that are gluten-free.
- Boosts brain function and productivity.
- Contains ingredients supported by clinical studies.
- Does not lead to sudden spikes in energy levels.
- A gradual rise in mental energy levels boosts productivity.
- The dosage of each ingredient is listed on the official website.
- Does not have side effects in healthy adults.
- An affordable price of $59.99 per bottle.
- 30-day return period.
What We Don’t Like
- It is available only through the official website
- No clinical data is available on its efficacy.
- Shipping time is on the longer side.
- Buy 2 bottles, get 1 free.
- Buy 3 bottles, get 3 free.
NooCube is one of the most popular and effective nootropic supplements for users of all ages and professions. With a combination of ingredients that are proven to improve mental clarity and boost cognitive function, taking NooCube is the right step towards a healthy brain.
If you want to try it out, check out the available deals on NooCube here.
NooCube Nootropics: Overview
Let’s start with a look at the basics of NooCube.
Where Is NooCube Manufactured?
NooCube is manufactured by Wolfson Holdco Limited. It is a UK-based health supplement company with its registered office in Glasgow, Scotland. It also has an office in Hamburg, Germany.
How Does It Work?
Any supplement is only as good as the effects of its ingredients. NooCube comes with a superior combination of ingredients in a proportion determined by leading neuroscientists. This blend should ensure enhanced cognitive performance and support brain health.
Many of the ingredients in NooCube are used in treatment against conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Their combined effect leads to heightened mental awareness and improved brain function.
One of the main reasons behind the reduction in cognitive function is neuroinflammation, leading to neuronal loss . Beyond that, brain plaques and tangles are other major factors that result in memory loss and dementia. NooCube minimizes these effects, prevents the damage of brain cells, and supports overall brain health
Features and Benefits
NooCube contains a blend of proven natural ingredients that include vitamins, amino acids, and other essential nutrients. These improve mental clarity, focus, learning capabilities, and memory. Taking NooCube is also considered safe and effective from all aspects.
The following are the seven major active ingredients of NooCube:
- Bacopa monnieri.
- Huperzine A.
- Cat’s claw.
- Alpha GPC.
- Oat straw.
In addition to these, NooCube also contains pterostilbene and resveratrol in small quantities.
Bacopa monnieri is a common ingredient in many nootropics for memory enhancement. Here are some of its main benefits:
- It contains multiple antioxidants that can reduce oxidative damage caused by free radicals. It has a class of compounds called bacosides which are effective in preventing neurodegenerative disorders.
- Placebo-controlled clinical trials have shown that Bacopa monnieri can enhance performance in cognitive function tests in aged individuals .
- Other studies on human subjects have shown the plant extract may boost visual information processing skills. This can be effective for improving performance in learning and memory-related tasks .
- It can also reduce symptoms related to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Positive effects are also observed on attention, cognition, and impulse control .
This compound is naturally obtained from club moss or fir club moss plants. Added below are some of its important benefits:
- Huperzine A helps in improving the levels of acetylcholine. This helps patients suffering from diseases related to memory and thinking and improves overall mental alertness.
- It is effective in protecting neurons from oxidative stress. It can also improve conditions related to mitochondrial malfunction. This makes it effective as a treatment against Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of neurodegenerative disorders .
- Huperzine A can improve memory functions and can provide relief from symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Cat’s claw is a woody vine that primarily grows in the forests of central and South America. While it is said to have various benefits, the volume of actual research conducted on its effects is limited. Here is a look at the main benefits of cat’s claw:
- Cat’s claw can help in boosting the immune system by increasing the white blood cell count . In addition, it can also stabilize an overactive immune response.
- It can reduce inflammation and help in autoimmune conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. It may have a positive effect on conditions related to osteoarthritis.
- The various alkaloids, phenolic acids, and flavonoids present in cat’s claw may have positive effects on cancer, Alzheimer’s, anxiety, viral infections, etc., but there is a lack of research in these areas.
L-tyrosine is an amino acid with multiple benefits that help in enhancing cognitive function and mental speed.
- It helps in the manufacturing of dopamine which is an important neurotransmitter. It plays a vital role in improving thinking power, memory, and motor skills.
- Supplementation with L-tyrosine can enhance cognitive function, improve performance in memory tasks, and reduce stress-induced deficits . The effects can vary between individuals.
- These amino acids may boost physical performance levels in healthy human adults, but research is limited. This can be helpful during the performing of demanding situational tasks.
- It can reduce cognitive decline related to stressful conditions. However, there is no scientific evidence to support that it can treat, cure, or prevent stress-related symptoms.
Alpha GPC is a choline compound that the body produces. It is also produced artificially in the laboratory. Some of its major benefits are:
- It increases the levels of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain. Acetylcholine plays an important role in improving cognitive functioning along with enhancing memory performance and learning functions .
- It prevents the drop in choline levels related to heavy exercise. This results in raised levels of the growth hormone and better endurance performance .
- It can improve the speed and power levels of athletes and improve overall muscle performance . This can result in a positive impact on explosive performance.
- Alpha GPC can be a brain booster for patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia .
L-theanine is an amino acid found mainly in green tea. It has multiple potential health benefits, such as:
- It can improve alpha wave activity in the brain and boost performance in attention-related tasks. It also has a positive effect on the overall mental state .
- Animal studies have shown that L-theanine can improve performance in memory tests and act as a neuroprotective agent.
- It can also improve focus levels during demanding tasks and reduce sleep-related problems. It is counted among the most effective nootropics for weight loss.
- It has anti-stress effects and can reduce conditions like depression. It can be used for improving mental conditions in healthy adults .
Oat straw extract is derived from the Avena sativa plant. Some of the potential benefits are:
- It enhances blood flow by dilating the blood vessels. It also plays a potential role in maintaining cardiovascular health .
- Oat straw can improve attention and concentration levels in adults. However, some clinical trials have also indicated the oat straw did not boost cognitive performance in cognitively normal adults .
- Oat straw can help in the reduction of chronic inflammation due to the presence of chemicals like avenanthramides and phenolic amides . This makes it effective for treating various age-related diseases.
How To Take NooCube
The recommended dosage for NooCube is two tablets daily with breakfast. The brand claims that the effects are visible within 30 minutes of taking NooCube. The positive effects can last between eight and ten hours.
Since the ingredients can act differently on different persons, the dosage can be increased to three or four tablets with time. However, you should not consume more than four tablets in a day.
NooCube Side Effects: Is It Safe?
As per the manufacturer, Noocube is “very safe” and each ingredient has passed through multiple safety checks. The good news is all the active NooCube ingredients used are backed by independent research and are well tolerated by healthy adults.
The manufacturers also mention the supplement is designed by top neuroscientists, so you can expect it to be free from adverse effects.
There have been no reports related to negative interactions from NooCube reviews either. Still, if you are on any form of prescribed medication, consult a licensed healthcare provider before consumption.
There have been some reports related to side effects caused by Alpha-GPC and Huperzine A. However, these were minor effects like heartburn, dizziness, digestive problems, and restlessness. In case you face any of these symptoms after consuming NooCube, take sound medical advice before continuing with it.
Children below 18 years of age and pregnant and breastfeeding women should not consume NooCube without approval from a professional physician.
Keep in mind, NooCube has not been studied or tested in independent clinical trials. As a health supplement, it is not backed by FDA-approved research. Also, the long-term effects of taking NooCube can not be judged due to the lack of research.
NooCube Customer Reviews
As expected, the NooCube website is full of happy customer testimonials that experienced a range of benefits from the supplement. Outside of the official website, there aren’t a lot of customer reviews.
From the NooCube reviews that do exist, they are mainly positive and users felt more motivated and had improved memory and mental speed. Negative reviews often focused around long shipping times or feeling no effects.
Pricing and Guarantee
NooCube can only be ordered from the brand website. The listed prices are inclusive of shipping:
- 1 bottle: $59.99
- 3 bottles: $119.99
- 6 bottles: $179.99
Each bottle contains 60 capsules and comes with a money-back guarantee.
If you are not satisfied with NooCube, the brand offers a 100% money-back guarantee within 30 days of purchase. This includes shipping and handling charges.
Best NooCube Alternatives
Here is a quick look at some other nootropics for motivation and brain function improvement that offer the same benefits as NooCube.
Mind Lab Pro
The Mind Lab Pro nootropic supplement consists of 11 products that claim to enhance the overall cognitive process and increase mental energy levels. All the ingredients are considered to be safe and free from side effects. Most Mind Lab Pro reviews also provide positive feedback on the supplement.
Both NooCube and Mind Lab Pro are made from natural ingredients. But unlike NooCube, Mind Lab Pro is considered a universal nootropic. This means it can have a positive effect on the brain power of people from all walks of life.
Some of the common ingredients in both supplements are bacopa monnieri, L-theanine, and L-tyrosine. Other than that, Mind Lab Pro has some unique ingredients like citicoline, lion’s mane mushroom, phosphatidylserine, and Rhodiola rosea. These components help in new nerve growth and activate the bio-pathways of the brain.
Mind Lab Pro also uses Nutricaps. These are purely vegan capsules that dissolve easily and lead to better absorption rates. It takes a couple of hours to start acting on brain fog, which is slower than the action rate of NooCube.
Mind Lab Pro also has the same daily dosage as NooCube. A bottle of 60 Mind Lab Pro capsules is priced at $79.99. That makes its price slightly higher than NooCube. Both products come with a money-back guarantee.
Both Mind Lab pro and NooCube are great choices. However, the range of positive effects delivered by Mind Lab Pro is higher.
Performance Lab Mind Nootropics
The Performance Life Mind nootropic claims to improve performance-driven cognitive functions, enhance mental sharpness, and lead to faster recovery from mental exertions. It comes with a stimulant-free formula that is considered completely safe. Performance Lab Nootropics reviews indicate that users have experienced positive gains from the supplement.
The Performance Lab Mind comes with just four major components which seem limited when compared to the seven prime ingredients in the NooCube formula. The two main components in Performance Lab Min are citicoline and L-tyrosine. Citicoline has multiple proven beneficial effects on the brain and is used for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease .
Performance Lab Mind also claims to be the first nootropic that can help you to recover from the effects of stress and burnout. Apart from boosting mental energy, Performance Lab Mind improves blood flow to the brain and supports neural structure regeneration. But it lacks the benefits related to bacopa monnieri and L-theanine that are contained in NooCube.
Performance Lab Mind has a dosage of one capsule a day while the daily dosage of NooCube is two capsules. A box of 30 capsules is priced at $69, which is slightly higher than NooCube. You get one box free if you buy three month’s supply.
Comparing the overall performances, we feel that NooCube offers a broader spectrum of positive effects with its range of ingredients. It is also a more affordable option than Performance Lab Mind for long-term use.
Here is a look at some of the common questions related to NooCube.
How Long Does NooCube Take to Ship?
NooCube ensures fast delivery for every order. All the orders are packed and sent towards their destination within 24 to 48 hours of order placement. The brands mention the following time limits for receiving your orders:
- UK: 3 to 7 days.
- US: 5 to 15 working days.
- Europe: 3 to 10 working days.
- Canada/Australia/Rest of World: 5–15 working days.
Does the Brain Supplement Neuriva Really Work?
Neuriva seems to be effective in brainpower and cognitive functions with multiple well-documented active ingredients. It is another natural nootropic brain booster that has received numerous positive reviews from customers.
Is NooCube Healthy?
Yes, it is. All the ingredients used have various proven health benefits, and they are ideal nootropics for memory. However, the main purpose of NooCube is to ensure a well-functioning brain and more mental energy. It is not a general health supplement.
Does NooCube Give You Energy?
NooCube helps in boosting mental performance and energy levels that result in a heightened mental state. The presence of Alpha GPC may improve energy levels during strenuous physical activities, but the effects of the supplement can vary between individuals.
This was our comprehensive NooCube review. As a nootropic supplement, NooCube can deliver actual results through its potent mix of ingredients. There is limited clinical evidence of the overall positive effects of NooCube, but it comes from an established brand with full confidence in its product.
Keep in mind that supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any diseases. Since the long-term effects of the NooCube components are still unknown, it is best to consult a healthcare practitioner before adding the supplement to your diet.
- Snow, Alan D, et al. “In Vitro Comparison of Major Memory-Support Dietary Supplements for Their Effectiveness in Reduction/Inhibition of Beta-Amyloid Protein Fibrils and Tau Protein Tangles: Key Primary Targets for Memory Loss.” Scientific Reports, Nature Publishing Group UK, 15 Feb. 2021, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7884837/.
- Calabrese, Carlo, et al. “Effects of a Standardized Bacopa Monnieri Extract on Cognitive Performance, Anxiety, and Depression in the Elderly: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial.” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (New York, N.Y.), Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., July 2008, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3153866/.
- Stough C;Lloyd J;Clarke J;Downey LA;Hutchison CW;Rodgers T;Nathan PJ; “The Chronic Effects of an Extract OF Bacopa Monniera (Brahmi) on Cognitive Function in Healthy Human Subjects.” Psychopharmacology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11498727/.
- Dave UP, Dingankar SR, Saxena VS, Joseph JA, Bethapudi B, Agarwal A, Kudiganti V. An open-label study to elucidate the effects of standardized Bacopa monnieri extract in the management of symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. Adv Mind Body Med. 2014 Spring;28(2):10-5. PMID: 24682000.
- Qian, Zhong Ming, and Ya Ke. “Huperzine a: Is It an Effective Disease-Modifying Drug for Alzheimer’s Disease?” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, Frontiers Media S.A., 19 Aug. 2014, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4137276/.
- RW;, Lamm S;Sheng Y;Pero. “Persistent Response TO Pneumococcal Vaccine in Individuals Supplemented with a Novel Water SOLUBLE Extract of Uncaria TOMENTOSA, C-MED-100.” Phytomedicine : International Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11515716/.
- Colzato, Lorenza S, et al. “Working Memory Reloaded: Tyrosine Repletes Updating in the n-Back Task.” Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, Frontiers Media S.A., 16 Dec. 2013, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3863934/.
- Parker, Adam G, et al. “The Effects of Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine, Caffeine or Placebo on Markers of Mood, Cognitive Function, Power, Speed, and Agility.” Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, BioMed Central, 21 Sept. 2015, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4595381/.
- Bellar, David, et al. “The Effect of 6 Days of ALPHA GLYCERYLPHOSPHORYLCHOLINE on Isometric Strength.” Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, BioMed Central, 17 Nov. 2015, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4650143/.
- Lee SH, Choi BY, Kim JH, Kho AR, Sohn M, Song HK, Choi HC, Suh SW. Late treatment with choline alfoscerate (l-alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine, α-GPC) increases hippocampal neurogenesis and provides protection against seizure-induced neuronal death and cognitive impairment. Brain Res. 2017 Jan 1;1654(Pt A):66-76. doi: 10.1016/j.brainres.2016.10.011. Epub 2016 Oct 17. PMID: 27765578.
- Hidese, Shinsuke, et al. “Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in HEALTHY Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial.” Nutrients, MDPI, 3 Oct. 2019, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6836118/.
- Wong RH;Howe PR;Coates AM;Buckley JD;Berry NM; “Chronic Consumption of a Wild GREEN Oat Extract (Neuravena) Improves Brachial Flow-Mediated Dilatation and Cerebrovascular Responsiveness in Older Adults.” Journal of Hypertension, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23221935/.
- Wong, Rachel H X, et al. “Chronic Effects of a Wild Green Oat Extract Supplementation on Cognitive Performance in Older Adults: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial.” Nutrients, MDPI, May 2012, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3367260/.
- Perrelli, Andrea, et al. “Biological Activities, Health Benefits, and Therapeutic Properties of Avenanthramides: From Skin Protection to Prevention and Treatment of Cerebrovascular Diseases.” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, Hindawi, 23 Aug. 2018, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6126071/.
- Iulia, C., Ruxandra, T., Costin, L. B., & Liliana-Mary, V. (2017). Citicoline – a neuroprotector with proven effects on glaucomatous disease. Romanian journal of ophthalmology, 61(3), 152–158. https://doi.org/10.22336/rjo.2017.29