As men get older, testosterone production decreases. At the same time, the body begins to convert more testosterone into estrogen. This transformation can cause you to feel lethargic, lose muscle mass, and gain weight.
Taking a supplement is a great way to keep your hormones balanced as you age.
Natural aromatase inhibitors are supplements created specifically to help your body stop converting excess testosterone into estrogen. There are so many supplements on the market that it’s hard to tell what works best. In this review of PrimeGENIX DIM 3X, you’ll learn what the supplement combats, how it works, and what benefits you’ll get when you take it.
Effects of Hormonal Imbalance
The right balance of hormones keeps everything working smoothly and gives you the energy to stay healthy and active. A hormonal imbalance can lead to:
- Reduced muscle mass.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Erectile difficulties.
- Mood swings.
Reduced Muscle Mass
Testosterone is a key hormone for bone and muscle growth in men. If you’re not producing enough of it, your muscles will lose bulk and strength. Working out will help maintain your muscles, but you might not have enough energy to do so.
Along with reduced muscle mass, you might find that your body is changing shape. The weight you gain sits on your frame in different ways, as you’re not using that energy to develop and maintain your muscles.
Decreased Sex Drive
Since your body is producing less testosterone, it’s no surprise that your sex drive will plummet as well. As you get older, your body makes more estrogen than testosterone, so it throws off your body’s balance. Many men still have a sex drive with low testosterone, but boosting those levels will ensure your desire won’t wane.
Low testosterone also impacts your sperm count. While it doesn’t cause infertility, you’ll have less sperm. Testosterone not only helps you produce more sperm, but the sperm is healthier as well .
In obese men with IHH, the chances of decreased libido and erectile dysfunction were 7.1 and 6.7 times higher than in men with normal hormonal levels
It’s frustrating enough that you’ll have a lower sex drive due to a hormone imbalance. Throwing erectile issues into the mix makes it even tougher to handle. Because you have lower levels of testosterone as you age, your body can’t maintain an erection as long as it used to.
Having erectile issues isn’t always the result of a hormonal imbalance. Stress, insomnia, obesity, and other factors can also impact your erections . However, ensuring you have enough testosterone in your system is one way to help with erectile function.
You’re used to going through your days with certain levels of hormones, so you’re accustomed to feeling a certain way. Your baseline mood is upheld by your hormones. When these levels fluctuate, your moods change as well.
Along with mood swings, your hormone levels can lead to other emotional disturbances. These include depression, anxiety, and irritability .
The combination of low hormones and changing moods also impacts your energy. It’s common to feel lethargic and not have any motivation when you have a hormonal imbalance.
A hormonal imbalance can lead to general weight gain for many reasons, such as reduced muscle mass and energy to work out.
In addition to weight gain, you can also experience gynecomastia . This condition is when your breasts get larger because you’re producing more estrogen than testosterone. If you’re also eating poorly and not working out, then you’re at a higher risk for gynecomastia.
PrimeGENIX DIM 3X Ingredients
PrimeGENIX DIM 3X is an all-natural supplement containing only four ingredients to boost testosterone production, balance estrogen levels, and block aromatase enzymes:
- Diindolylmethane (DIM).
- Vitamin E.
The capsules contain no gluten, soy, eggs, sugar, dairy, or wheat grain, and they are manufactured in FDA-approved laboratories. All the ingredients have been clinically researched and are used at safe doses.
AstraGin is made from Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membranaceus plant extracts. When taken as a supplement, it helps your body absorb nutrients . The ginseng keeps your digestive system functioning smoothly as well, so taking PrimeGENIX DIM 3X helps your body in more ways than just hormone production.
When your digestive tract is at peak functionality, it keeps your weight balanced. Since a side effect of low testosterone is weight gain, AstraGin can help combat weight retention.
BioPerine is a black pepper extract that also helps your body absorb nutrients in higher amounts . It also boosts your brain processes and balances blood sugar levels. While you can consume BioPerine naturally by adding black pepper to your food, taking a supplement is more efficient.
Diindolylmethane, or DIM, is a commonly-used ingredient for reducing estrogen levels . The natural compound is found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and cauliflower. Though DIM acts slightly like estrogen, it blocks the effects of estrogen, like gynecomastia.
Vitamin E is an important supplement that you can get naturally through your diet in nuts, leafy greens, and vegetable oils. Vitamin E is good for your skin and blood circulation, and taking it in a supplement ensures your body gets all it needs .
When men increase their vitamin E intake, the antioxidant qualities decrease cell damage, which also helps sperm stay healthy. The nutrient also increases sperm motility to aid in reproduction .
How Does PrimeGENIX DIM 3X Work?
Other supplements work to eliminate excess estrogen, but PrimeGENIX DMX 3X takes advantage of the extra hormones. Instead of depleting your body of hormones and then making it work to produce more, DIM works to inhibit the body’s natural transformation of testosterone into estrogen.
Studies have found that high levels of 16-alpha-hydroxyestrone, a type of estrogen, leads to breast cancer in women, while 2-hydroxyestrone doesn’t . Building off that research, PrimeGENIX DIM 3X works to convert estrogen into 2-hydroxyestrone to decrease possible cancer risks.
As PrimeGENIX DIM 3X converts estrogen to 2-hydroxyestrone instead of getting rid of it, your testosterone increases accordingly. When your body has the right hormone levels, there’s less risk of immunity issues, mood swings, and fatigue.
Boosting testosterone production isn’t the only way PrimeGENIX DIM 3X balances your hormones. It also blocks aromatase enzymes, which convert testosterone into estrogen .
Benefits of Using PrimeGENIX DIM 3X
PrimeGENIX DIM 3X is all-natural, so you won’t ingest any harmful chemicals when you take this supplement daily. With all ingredients approved for consumption, there shouldn’t be any negative side effects.
Instead of promising general improvement, PrimeGENIX DIM 3X has specific ways you’re able to tell if the supplement is working for you. These benefits include more energy, endurance, and concentration. You may also lose weight and have a more active sex drive.
The nutrients in PrimeGENIX DIM 3X are designed to give you a natural energy boost. While caffeine or sugar can give you a burst of energy, the effects are temporary. The ingredients in this supplement build up over time to raise your energy levels for the long term.
Having more energy to exercise helps you maintain, or even build, your muscle mass. Working out also helps you lose weight, so the energy boost you get from PrimeGENIX DIM 3X works hand-in-hand with physical endurance and weight loss.
Higher energy levels mean you feel more inclined to burn it off. You’re going to feel primed to exercise, and you’re also able to last longer during your workouts. As a result, you’ll keep off the weight that comes along with lower testosterone levels. Your muscles will stay firmer, too.
Everyone loses energy as they age, but with imbalanced hormone levels, that energy loss feels more like fatigue. It’s hard for men to go from feeling young and energetic to older and slower. PrimeGENIX DIM 3X helps raise your energy levels back to where they were when you were younger.
The ingredients in the supplement help to burn fat cells, but you’ll also need to work to keep the weight off. Since you have more energy and endurance to move your body, you’ll prevent the weight gain that low testosterone causes.
Gynecomastia is an increase in breast tissues due to high levels of estrogen, but weight gain can also impact how large your breasts get. As PrimeGENIX DIM 3X helps weight loss, it will also prevent gynecomastia.
Imbalanced estrogen levels dull the serotonin receptors in your brain. This change makes you feel like you’re in a fog and it is hard to focus. PrimeGENIX DIM 3X balances your estrogen, so you have a clear mind and improved concentration.
Along with this boost in brain activity, the nutrients in PrimeGENIX DIM 3X also level out your moods. Estrogen commonly causes irritability and sadness, which impacts your overall physical health just as much as your mental well-being. Your emotions won’t get easily triggered when your body has all the right hormones.
Increased Sex Drive
PrimeGENIX DIM 3X helps to balance out your testosterone levels. One of the benefits of that transformation is that your sex drive should increase. Having more energy and endurance will also positively impact your sex drive.
With all the advantages this supplement delivers, there’s no reason not to try it. It’s a daily supplement, but you can choose to try just one bottle or stock up for several months with a six-bottle pack. The more you buy, the more money you save.
If you’ve been burned by ineffective supplements before, you can buy PrimeGENIX DIM 3X without fear. The manufacturer offers a 67-day money-back guarantee to give you enough time to try the supplement and see how it benefits your body.
If you’re a man who’s tired of feeling like he’s lost his sense of self, this supplement may be the answer.
- Di Guardo, F., Vloeberghs, V., Bardhi, E., Blockeel, C., Verheyen, G., Tournaye, H., & Drakopoulos, P. (2020). Low Testosterone and Semen Parameters in Male Partners of Infertile Couples Undergoing IVF with a Total Sperm Count Greater than 5 Million. Journal of clinical medicine, 9(12), 3824. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm9123824
- Sooriyamoorthy T, Leslie SW. Erectile Dysfunction. [Updated 2021 Aug 12]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK562253/
- J K Roop* PG Department of Zoology, JC DAV College (Affiliation: Panjab University, Chandigarh) Original Review Article HORMONE IMBALANCE—A CAUSE FOR CONCERN IN WOMEN. DOI – 10.26479/2018.0402.18
- Cuhaci, N., Polat, S. B., Evranos, B., Ersoy, R., & Cakir, B. (2014). Gynecomastia: Clinical evaluation and management. Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 18(2), 150–158. https://doi.org/10.4103/2230-8210.129104
- You-Cheng Shen. “Pharmacokinetic Effect of AstraGin on Arginine Absorption and Nitric Oxide Production in Healthy Subjects – Full Text View.” Full Text View – ClinicalTrials.gov, Chung Shan Medical University, https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05024123.
- Fernández-Lázaro, D., Mielgo-Ayuso, J., Córdova Martínez, A., & Seco-Calvo, J. (2020). Iron and Physical Activity: Bioavailability Enhancers, Properties of Black Pepper (Bioperine®) and Potential Applications. Nutrients, 12(6), 1886. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12061886
- Rajoria, S., Suriano, R., Parmar, P. S., Wilson, Y. L., Megwalu, U., Moscatello, A., Bradlow, H. L., Sepkovic, D. W., Geliebter, J., Schantz, S. P., & Tiwari, R. K. (2011). 3,3′-diindolylmethane modulates estrogen metabolism in patients with thyroid proliferative disease: a pilot study. Thyroid : official journal of the American Thyroid Association, 21(3), 299–304. https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2010.0245
- “Office of Dietary Supplements – Vitamin E.” NIH Office of Dietary Supplements, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminE-HealthProfessional/.
- Moslemi, M. K., & Tavanbakhsh, S. (2011). Selenium-vitamin E supplementation in infertile men: effects on semen parameters and pregnancy rate. International journal of general medicine, 4, 99–104. https://doi.org/10.2147/IJGM.S16275
- Schor, Jacob, et al. “The Problem with Estrogen Metabolite Ratios.” Natural Medicine Journal, https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/2013-09/problem-estrogen-metabolite-ratios.
- Chan, H. J., Petrossian, K., & Chen, S. (2016). Structural and functional characterization of aromatase, estrogen receptor, and their genes in endocrine-responsive and -resistant breast cancer cells. The Journal of steroid biochemistry and molecular biology, 161, 73–83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsbmb.2015.07.018